PAINTING AN AV RACK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a black AV rack that I want to spray silver/chrome. problem is for the paint to 'take' you would normally need to rub it all down. But I am sure I read that there is something that you can put on before hand that will provide the 'key' for the paint.

Does anyone know of this or any other method that would guarantee me aa good finish.

Sponsored Links
Whats an AV Rack and where is it used?

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
audio visual (tv stand)

Ta....

You might have a problem if you use ordinary brushing paint as most of those things are spray painted or powder coated...and the the different paints may not be compatable.

There are a few primers on the market that 'grip' to difficult surfaces..such as melamine primer...but if you intend to spray a chrome type paint over the top you could again have compatability problems, I would avoid 'paint cocktails' like this

Rubbing it down with fine wet an dry may help though, but id have a look in the diy stores, there are loads of different types of spray paint in them...failing that.....car body paint should do the job for you.

I used it recently to rejuvenate a sorry looking powder coated window and it really took to it well.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back