Painting an external soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

I have a new external soil stack that i want to paint the same colour as the house (a light cream). I know plastic can be difficult to paint. Can i use the same masonry paint straight on to the pipe? would using a gloss as an undercoat be better?

Any advise would be great
thanks

Sponsored Links
this is for a gloss finish can i use the masonry paint to match the house colour?

Sponsored Links
Masonry paint will probably be too brittle for plastic..you should be able to get an exact match in gloss if the paint is a british standard colour...failing that go to a trade centre and ask them to do a colour match for you

Then all you need to do is clean the plastic down with white spirit, allow to dry and apply two coats of gloss straight on..you could give it a rub over with some 320 or finer grade wet and dry paper but perosnally I dont bother

This the gloss out a little by about 25%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back