painting freshly plastered walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I'm new on this site and was after some advice on painting freshly plastered walls. I have read numerous threads on mist coats, etc but I'm after advice as what to do with the galv corners that are slightly exposed. I started to use Zinsser BIN (shellac based primer/sealer) after seeing it recommended by a decorator on YouTube but it is flashing through the emulsion something rotten.
I called the manufacturers and they told me it's the wrong thing to use and it should only be used if it is going on to old galv which is rusting/staining the paint. They then continued to try and sell up on their products, suggesting Bullseye 123 and Gardz.

So what I want to know is what you guys would do? Is it OK just to paint with the emulsion and forget about the edge or put something on it? Surely the edges are galved for a reason?

I look forward to any advice, Cheers.

Sponsored Links
yep, never used anything special on the beading.... never had a problem!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies people I've decided to persevere with the BIN and treating the flashing locally with the emulsion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back