Painting kitchen unit doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the practice here? Is it 'ok' to do this?

I'm thinking of selling my flat soon, and don't want to go to the expense of replacing all the cupboard doors in a fairly large kitchen, but something has to be done because they are defo past their best. They're glossy looking white, or at least were, and have dulled/yellowed over time.

Could I paint these with a brilliant white matt, satin or eggshell or would it look like a cheap cover up? Most of the interior woodwork in the flat has been done using B&Q's pure brilliant white satin interior wood paint, and looks tremendous actually.

I want the kitchen doors to be white but I don't want them to look cheap!

Sponsored Links
The main thing you need to worry about is the preparation..

The doors will need a good rub down with wet and dry paper to provide a key for a good primer such as Zinseer Bin or Dulux Supergrip

Then you can coat them with whatever finish you like..but being a kitchen id stick to water based paints because of the fire risk

And use a foam roller to put the paint on youll get a better finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back