Painting kitchen worksurfaces?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all..ive just joined..and my first question..

Ive bought a house that needs loads doing to it...cant afford to replace the kitchen..

The kitchen has 3 different coloured work surfaces (cheap and chearful ones)

I was wondering if it was possible to paint and seal these to make the kitchen more pleasing on the eye until i replace the whole thing?

I hope you can help

Regards

Peter

Sponsored Links
you can paint anything.

the question is should you?

the answer is no, no matter what you paint it with it will either peel off, or get chopped off when using a knife or other such sharp object (as you do in a kitchen.

live with it, as a reminder you will get it done properly, not a bodge

I agree with the poster above.

Don't do it! I've just finished replacing the most awful kitchen I've ever seen in my house (was made of sticky back plastic!).

If the kitchen is that bad, it will motivate you to earn enough moneny to replace it.

Or if it's just the worktop, then pick up a couple of lenghts from ScrewFix and replace it. I think I paid about £70 each for 3.5m lengths, and they are pretty decent quality.

DONT PAINT IT!! it's not good, it looks tacky, it will peel and flake, and i dont think it can be hygenic either. check out some discount stores where you can just replace the surfaces. ike do them, and they're good value.

Sponsored Links
Try talking nicely to the staff at Howdens - even without an account they let me buy worktop. Top quality at £53 for 3 meters!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back