Painting laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a home office on a very tight budget. Due to the inexpense I have opted to build an office desk top out of thick chipboard and cover it in some leftover laminate flooring. However I want the laminate black. It is beech in colour at the moment. I have googled and found that it is possible to paint laminate if you roughen the laminate and use a decent primer but I am looking for more detail, i.e. what type of primer and what paint will be suitable to use over the primer.. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You can but laminate primer form any big DIY. Any other top coat will go over it no problem.

do not use chipboard it will sag

why not use 18mm mdf and paint that black
if the gap in the knee well is around 36" you shouldnt need any support along the front edge

Sponsored Links
Yes you can do that because like a flat screen with laminate painting is available in market and it will give a more decorative look to your office and im using in my home cost also not too much...kitchen faucets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back