Painting; Making good undercoat following wallpaper strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, I'm in the middle of a bedroom redecoration and I'm posting here in the hope of some advice. I think this is a pretty common situation but I'm not sure of the best method. The wallpaper is almost off, however in some places it took the paint below it with it, mainly at the vertical wallpaper joining points where the paint was loosened. As I progressed I tried to keep the paint intact, so that I could do local patching repair. However, in some places there's a bigger area of paint lost.
I could
(I) just paint over the areas where paint has been lost (after sealing), hoping that with sanding the joins won't be too obvious, after three coats of paint (one white and two colour)
(II) spend a few more hours slowly chipping back the paint to the nearest wall return before repainting
(III) use some kind of joint smoothing product after sealing to thicken and try and bring the surface level with the surrounding paint.
For the small areas eg the vertical seams I plan to sand and use small filler patch repairs.
16852619476208954633617954514293.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back