Painting mdf sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all please can someone give me advice , I have some mdf panels with 44 mm pine border , I plan to paint with oil based eggshell , do I need to prime or undercoat first & whats the difference of the two , a painter on the site said there is no need to prime or undercoat just apply knotting to any knots on the pine the mdf is just in its natural brown state , thanks in advance rob

Sponsored Links
Priming satisfies the 'thirst' of a porous product and provides a keyed surface.
Undercoat provides film build, obliterates minor surface defects and provides a good bonding surface for the top coat.
You need to knot pine, prime it all, u/c it all and top coat. I give mdf two coats of primer and thin it out a bit. BTW the site painter should be taken round the back and shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back