Painting New Dashed Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a newly-dashed house, in 6mm stone which I have to paint.

The plasterers recommended spraying with a sealer or diluted paint using an ordinary garden spray and then using a roller - this to stop the stones coming off and make the paint go on more easily. No offence to them, they've done a fantastic job of the render, but they're plasterers not painters.

The paint suppliers are recommending an oil-based paint, especially because of the time of year. I'd rather not leave it to the spring/summer because the scaffolding's up and it would be another £1K (big house) to get it back.

So any advice gratefully received - and I know it'll be a pig painting the dashing -(.

(In case you're wondering about the obvious question, my wife wants the house painted - and to be fair she'll happily do all but the highest bits - but all the plasterers recommended against a fined-down finish - including one who is our friend and doesn't do outside work anymore, so had no vested interest in the job. This was my `negotiated compromise' - I'm perfectly happy with the unpainted dashing.)

Thanks in advance,
Neal

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back