Paint new pebble dash straight away?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

As you can see from the attached photos, we have existing pebbledash on the first floor of our Edwardian semi. The previous owner had the whole house covered in Tyrolean, straight over the top of wires, was a poor job. I have had this removed and now want to redo the original dash on the front elevation only. The other houses on our street have over the years had their dash painted white.

I could go for polar spar, the stones are slightly smaller, and the pebble dasher is concerned that the finsh look wont be the same shade of white as our neighbours, and thinks we might be disappointed.

He has suggested using a different spar with slightly larger pebbles and then painting this white. However I always thought you shouldnt paint new pebbledashing straight away as lots of the stones are loose and will fall off??
Last two photos show neighbours dashing IMG_7347.JPG IMG_7339.JPG IMG_7340.JPG IMG_7342.JPG Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 01.11.16.jpg

Any advice here guys is much appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You’ll have to use a sprayer. The low pressure high volume ones work well on this and will save you lots of time and effort. I painted a whole house single handed in a weekend this way. It would have taken a month with a brush.

You’ll have to use a sprayer. The low pressure high volume ones work well on this and will save you lots of time and effort. I painted a whole house single handed in a weekend this way. It would have taken a month with a brush.

Thanks, I’m asking if you need to wait or can you paint straight away after dashing

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back