painting on new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just (yesterday) had bathroom walls skimmed...........any real danger in painting before the skim is properly dried out?? Have heard it said that emmulsion adheres better before plaster is completly dry!

Sponsored Links
Whats the hurry? Wait until its dried out properly, there is no point in spending money out to get the walls skimmed and you want to go in Gun-Ho lol

Never mind what someone says, listen to us, we are the professionals. ;)

I do know there is a paint product you can use for wet plaster,or plaster drying out, cant remember what its called, but i would never use anything like that, no matter how much of a hurry I was in.

What paint finish are you thinking of putting on?, matt, silk, soft sheen etc

Leyland matt...................not particularly in a hurry but had heard it was ok to paint when just short of fully dry.

dulux trade supermatt is the daddy when it comes to new plaster. but you still need to water it down for the first coat.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't put emulsion in a bathroom.

eggshell finish paint was recommended to me by 3 professional painters when i painted my bathroom some years ago i have tiled it lately but there was no problems with the eggshell

aspley said:
now that opens an interesting debate Joe-90.......err.....why not????

Because it falls off when you get condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back