Painting onto new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently started painting my newly built house. I painted straight onto new plaster which was plastered around 8-10 weeks ago. Upstairs is fine but on some walls downstairs the surface appears bumpy. I used white matt emulsion and did not water it down. Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
I have recently started painting my newly built house. I painted straight onto new plaster which was plastered around 8-10 weeks ago. Upstairs is fine but on some walls downstairs the surface appears bumpy. I used white matt emulsion and did not water it down. Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?

Yes - get a brain and check how to do something before doing it.

Harsh :LOL: But it does usually say about dilution on the paint tin :idea:

Sponsored Links
Putting a mist coat over a full coat is going to solve nothing, it needs sealing with a product like zinsser gardz. Applying a coat of paint over a full coat applied on bare plaster will probably cause the first coat to lift because its will be crispy due to the plaster absorbing the water out of your coating.

Bumpy walls would not be caused by paint, more likely bad plastering or boarding unless you mean the paint is 'bitty'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back