Painting over black gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...I am not a painter/decorator by any stretch of the imagination...but need to white gloss some skirting and a door frame that has been painted black. How would you do it ?

Cheers

Trevor.

Sponsored Links
Get a tin of paint...dip a brush in...put the brush on the skirting and rub it bacwards and forwards is probably the best method mate!

Ok sorry..im kidding

Give the paint work a rub down first, then two coats of undercoat followed by one coat of gloss

By decent paint not home brand stuff or cheap sht from the pound shop..its a false economy.

Do the frames first then the skirting..that way you wont transfer any muck from the floor onto the door frame

pheww...glad you was only kidding when you advised the back and forward method....as I was thinking of forward then back :LOL:

my concern was the black showing through....obviously not a concern at all....
....the teen Goth has vacated the bedroom to make way for a 6 year old Man Utd fan...

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
you should have painted it red then! lol

I could have really confused you and said backwards forwards then up and down... :confused:

My daughter wanted to paint her room black!...Like F!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back