Painting PVC Window Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought this stupid thing off ebay that keeps insects out your windows, but it required to be stuck around the inner frame, it was velcro strips and you put fabric mesh over it to keep insects out, anyways, it was rubbish so we ended up taking it down, but in order to keep it up, it kept falling down u see, I had the brainwave of using superglue, then the velcro strips wouldnt come off so had to be yanked down, but its taken some of the velcro strip backing with it and left it on the window and I cant for the life of me get it off, is it possible to paint over it? the bits left behind are only small but very noticable, I got most of it off, but it needs painting over, I bought a PVC primer, but its not thick enough, is there anything else I can get to paint over it? the place I bought the PVC primer said u can use ordinary external white gloss, but I dont want them really shiny lol, I just want to make it look normal, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Can you buy acrillic satin anywhere that sells paint? ive not heard of it b4, will it dry like the PVC window? so not noticeable theres been paint on it

Look around the DIY shops youll find Upvc paint dulix do one too.

But if they are a glossy finish then try giving the window a rub down with fine wet and dry paper then a a couple of coats of oil based satin.

Sponsored Links
We dnt recommend oil based satin for exterior but the acrylic satin maybe. its got resins in it that make it really durable!! The rubbing down is a good idea, give the paint a good key on the smooth surface

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back