painting render.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just rendered a garden wall that has now dried. i want to paint it but my rendering is not that smooth. i was wondering what sort of finish i could apply .
i am not interested in pebbledash or similar as it is already dry.
i was thinking of some white paint but wanted to know if there were any tricks to make it thick (almost like artex) so it will hide my imperfections.

any advice would be appreciated.

(could you use artex outside?)

cheers
matt the plumber

Sponsored Links
hi mate
i wouldn't use artex it want last 5 minutes
but you could use outdoor paint and try adding sand to it for a little texture
try a small amount of paint and sand and play about with the amounts off each until you get a idea of how much of each works best

hi again
just thought you can get a product which is great for your problem i used it last year and its very easy
its called tyrolean you can get it jewsone/jacksons its a powder which you mix with water and gives you similar results as pebble dash
but you will have to hire a trolene machine from somewhere like A PLANT
all you do is mix the powder use a paint brush to apply some to the wall just to get a bit of coverage and then fill the machine which is hand held it has little tynes in side with a handle you turn and it flicks the lumps at the wall until you cover it ...just remember to keep stirring the mix as a the lumps settle and add a little water if it gets to thick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back