Papering Bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a small bathroom where the previous paint has flaked.

I have scraped off all flaking paint, what would be the best sealer?

As the wall is now very patchy could I paper with a textured wall paper?

Filling the patches is not really an option as there are so many and some are large.

As I am getting on in years looking for the cheapest and easiest way out.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can certainly paper your bathroom - the only problem will be if you get excessive condensation in there.
You should ideally use a suitable bathroom paper to avoid problems. Here are a few for you to get an idea of the styles available: Bathroom Papers

If you do paper then the best way to re-seal the walls is with size (thinned paste).

Hope this helps. :D

Yes if you intend to paint it, perhaps a bark pattern, cheap as chips. Just give it a couple of coats of Vinyl Silk or Eggshell and you'll be fine.

With regard to prep if as you say you have removed the loose paintwork just sand the walls down a bit to remove any shine, size with some thinned paste and hang your paper.

Dec

Thanks for replies, I was thinking of a plain textured paper and the Bathroom Emulsion, would this be OK.

Sponsored Links
Yes that will be fine, so long as you have some form of silk or eggshell finish there won't be a problem. The bathrooom paint will be fine to use.

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back