Parents visiting classrooms

Sponsored Links
Where does Mr Gove think that the majority of parents are going to find time for this?
I definitely wouldn't be able to do it (if i lived in England or Wales that is)

So Blas, for me it's a bad un... (good in theory though - as you say, for the good ones)

However, what about disruptive pupils having their possibly also disruptive, aggressive, abusive parents in a class?

They wouldn't pass any crb checks,more importantly would they be bothered about helping.

I can't see any benefit whatsoever.
All it will achieve is more disruption to an already chaotic structure of discipline in classrooms.

On the other hand.......... Some of these parents would hardly know what the inside of a classroom looks like anyway. Might as well sit them down and try and teach them some sort of parental decency/responsibility.

Sponsored Links
Not much different to a customer standing over you while you do your own job. So it depends on whether you think this is a helpful thing to do or not.

Cannot see it myself.
How is a non qualified person qualified to be judgmental over anothers career?

Bit like a punter telling me that a confirmed signal is not really necessary.
Or telling me how to open their lock when locked out.
You get the drift :mrgreen:

The article states:

Despite the billions poured into schools by Labour, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development think tank found that between 2000 and 2009, England fell from 7th to 25th in reading, 8th to 28th in maths, and 4th to 16th in science.

I would imagine cantaloup that you have encountered teachers who under perform....if this idea is not acceptable is there one that is, in order to ensure our children's education is the best that they can get.

Susie, is it the teachers fault?
My two sons could read and write when they entered the mainstream far ahead of their counterparts. We didnt do anything special, we just taught them.
The same as my parents did for me, its the parents to blame in most cases. Taking it for granted the teachers will do what they have failed to do. So how can bringing them into the classroom help?

Bring back streaming..........let the good ones go ahead. As it is my sons are taking in excess of the curriculum requirements.

Susie, is it the teachers fault?
My two sons could read and write when they entered the mainstream far ahead of their counterparts. We didnt do anything special, we just taught them.
The same as my parents did for me, its the parents to blame in most cases. Taking it for granted the teachers will do what they have failed to do. So how can bringing them into the classroom help?

Bring back streaming..........let the good ones go ahead. As it is my sons are taking in excess of the curriculum requirements.

Totally agree with you Alarm....parents do have a responsibility to read to their children and encourage them to write and acquire life enhancing skills....I am not saying I agree with bringing parents in, I was just asking what can be done to weed out teachers who are obviously under performing.
(Lovely pic of you and your boys by the way on the other post.... what a lovely family :) )

The article states:

Despite the billions poured into schools by Labour, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development think tank found that between 2000 and 2009, England fell from 7th to 25th in reading, 8th to 28th in maths, and 4th to 16th in science.
Funny how that decline seems to be since Ofsted has been involved in assessing schools and insisting that we all do things their way and jump through their hoops. Also curious how this decline seems to have come about since "social inclusion" has been fully rolled out :rolleyes:

I would imagine cantaloup that you have encountered teachers who under perform
yes, but in my experience they tend to "underperform" since the goalposts keep moving and they become tired, undervalued and disenchanted.
....if this idea is not acceptable
I didn't say that it wouldn't be acceptable. I would like to see some kind of evidence and research/trialling to determine its effectiveness.
is there one that is, in order to ensure our children's education is the best that they can get.
Yes - stop pi$$ing around with the curriculum, get shot of Ofsted and replace it with some kind of body that will actually help and advise rather than judge how well "we" slot into their tick-box mentality, and remove wayward children from mainstream so that the majority of those involved in "education" (i.e. well adjusted humanoid children) can get on with it unhindered.

Sponsored Links
Back