parking sensors - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone fitted parking sensors to their car and do they work. There seem to be loads on the market and I was wondering if there was one being used that could be recommended. I've seen one that is a strip that fits behind the rear bumper and does no require drilling holes in the bumper. I think it works using magnetic waves rather than the ultrasonic sound used by the small sensor variety. anyone heard of it? is it any good?

Sponsored Links
Had mine fitted when I bought the car. They work fine for me.

seneca said:
Has anyone fitted parking sensors to their car and do they work. There seem to be loads on the market and I was wondering if there was one being used that could be recommended. I've seen one that is a strip that fits behind the rear bumper and does no require drilling holes in the bumper. I think it works using magnetic waves rather than the ultrasonic sound used by the small sensor variety. anyone heard of it? is it any good?

I've installed these - in a word -rubbish!

Go for a known brand - Steelmate, Laserline or Cobra.

Sponsored Links
My mate has these on hi new beemer. 4 nice sensors to stop him denting it.
His wife drove the car into a concrete bollard from a standing start and ruined the bumper/grille/bonnet.

It didn't register the bollard between the two middle sensors and she had given up looking as "the car will warn me".

can't beat the mk1 eyeball

technology - stick it up your tailpipe....

The magnetic ones work ok fitted a few on audi tt for a dealer personally i would go for laserline or steelmate fitted loads of both makes although steelmate give you a more of a range ie: with displays or just buzzer and a range of colours if you dont fancy colour codeing them

They are fine as long as you can turn them off, my friends scream all the time he has a bike rack fitted.

Mine work fine ..... Bought em off of ebay fer £25 .......... It was a OEM retrofit kit tho :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back