Parquet floor sanding advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

After getting sidetracked on various other jobs around our home I'm finally about to start the sanding of our parquet floor. I had to replace a number of blocks where the hearth used to be and this has left it slightly uneven in this part.

I have read Wood You Like's excellent guide on restoring parquet floors and understand I will need to use 40 grit, then 80 grit and finally 120 grit for the sanding. My question is as the blocks are only uneven in one part where they have been replaced will I need to use 40 grit on just that part to level it and 80 on the rest or should I do the whole floor in 40 then 80 then 120?

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Grit 40 is also needed to remove the existing finish from the blocks that are more or less level.
Plus you could notice significant sanding result difference between the areas where you used 40 and areas where you started with 80

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back