Part B Building Regs

Find yourself a retired Area fire officer..they chuck out @ 55yrs with a fat pension :LOL: Quite a lot go on to work in hospitals etc. as fire safety officers ;) They should know all the regs

Its not as simple as knowing the regs, the OP cannot or will not comply with them due to his current layout and his only hope is to negotiate/add counter measures to get his approval although as you say it may be worth taking an independent inspector along with you. It may even be worth approaching an independent inspector (rather than local authority)although I suspect you'll have pay the fee up front in this scenario.

Sponsored Links
Hi Anyone out there.

You may recall me asking for advise back in Nov 07 re my change of use plans to a 5 bed B&B and the insistance of my local Bld Regs officer that I install lobbies or a sprinkler system. Well things have moved on and I submitted an application to include asprinklers. This has just been approved subject to design of the system. However in the meantime I have been in discussion with a neighbouring authority, they have seen my plans and the Head of Building Control there has confirmed that I need neither sprinklers or a lobby and that my other plans for fire detection are more than adequate. I have al this in writing from him, even down to him taking advise from the government body, and think this gives me grounds to challenge my authority. Any views on how to approach this? I don't want to rub these chaps up the wrong way but equally don't want to spend many thousands of pounds unneccessarily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back