Part M and Height Requirements

The Building Regs stated: 'the requirements of this part do not apply to...a material alteration'. Therefore it would seem to follow that Part M does apply. (Which for the record I don't believe.)
Ah, I get your point :oops:

I have to say that, I suppose because it is what made common sense, I was (essentially subconsciously) assuming that it meant that, since the requirements did not apply to 'material alterations', they certainly would not apply to 'non-material' alterations (i.e. those which did not worsen compliance status) - but, as you point out, that's not what it actually says.

In fact, what it 'actually says' seems to make very little sense at all (at least, to me), since it seems very odd that the requirement to comply with Part M1 goes away if one undertakes work which worsens any aspects of compliance status - probably the opposite of what I might have expected.

Maybe this is another example of one of those things which isn't meant to make sense :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back