Application of Part M - full rewire & supply moved

The whole thing is nonsense, since the fully able-bodied, those with slight mobility problems, and those who are severely disabled in some way will all have different requirements and preferences. And even when trying to take certain disabilities into account, a height which best suits a person with one disability will not necessarily suit another with a different disability.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I'm really not looking forward to 'discussing' this with him on Monday as he was a bit aggressive when I tried to tell him Part M didn't apply At the start
This already does not sound like a good working relationship! I think you need to sit down with him and discuss the issue over a nice cup of tea.

IF Part M applied (it doesn't) then it would be required of everything about the whole property, so you would need not only socket and light switch heights, but access ramps, wide doorways on certain rooms, wheelchair turning spaces in downstairs WCs, etc etc.

Per above, Part M does not apply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back