Part P and the new build?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
theoretical question..

If a person has had a house demolished and a new one built in it's place, would I need to inform the LABC if I was to be asked to do the electrics for it or would it already have been submitted as part of the full building application?

Sponsored Links
Afaict you really need to read the original plans submission to see what has already been said to building control.

Even if the plans outline the electrical work, the BCO may assume that you're self-certifying. If you're not self-certifying, then make sure the BCO is aware of this, otherwise the first fix won't be checked.

obviously I would submit the T&I report to them, but do they include the part P when you submit full plans?
or would you have to pay extra again?

Sponsored Links
obviously I would submit the T&I report to them,
Which does not, officially, provide proof of compliance with the Building Regulations. It is not self-certification of compliance and the ability to issue an EIC does not absolve you from the requirement to notify the electrical work in advance.

but do they include the part P when you submit full plans?
That depends on what is said in the full plans submission on how Part P will be complied with.

or would you have to pay extra again?
Depends on the council. Some do it properly, and don't try and charge extra and some ignore the advice from the DCLG (née ODPM) and what it says in the Approved Document and impose extra charges..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back