Part P farce

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bad news, home sellers packs are coming in 2007 not 2035, just phoned CORGI, they dont know until approx Jan 2005 what electrical qaulifications are required to wire boilers and heating systems for Part P compliance, how can I apply for Part P compliance in January when registrations are done if I dont know what certificates required till January, what a farce.

Sponsored Links
You'll just have to call in some NICEIC registered dude, at rates even higher than your own, to let you watch while he connects a few wires. After all, only he knows how to do this.

So now you know how the serious and conscientious DIY-er feels when the Fat Controller makes it a criminal offence to wire up a garden shed on his own property, which I'm doing this weekend. Come and get me, Fatso.

Apparantly we dont have to be fully qaulified electricians to wire heating systems but they dont seem to know what qaulifications we DO need

Sponsored Links
I was told by CORGI to "ignore" part P in Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farce is the right word :evil: :evil:

Just spoke to my inspector and he said the same thing to ignore it, seems to me twaats in suits dreaming up regs faster than they know what to do with them.

Just had customer moan about extra £10.00 I added onto the bill for supplying and filling out two Warning notices, one for the gas fire and one for the boiler, boiler had 4 faults fire had 3, I said it was £5.00 each notice, well I aint gonna do it for nothing am I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait till I add on extra for having to have electric certificate, heating efficiency certificate, notifying CORGI and Local authority, then add on Warning notices, their gonna feak then :evil:

Ahh you have to love the men in suits justifying their jobs by handing down un workable and expensive, not to mention beaucratic, legislation

bastards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back