Part P for new soletraders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am just about to start up on my own, but all the registration schemes require you to have been trading for 12 months. The building control costs range between £60 + £160 depending on size of job, which is prohibitive, and the schemes will only certificate you for what you do most of. Has anyone else found themselves in this situation. Any ideas!

Sponsored Links
Hi - have a look at http://www.napit.org.uk, They seem to me, less authoritarian than the (NIC :evil: ) - obviously still require you to be able to do the job, and test etc, but they don't mention 12 months working, they do want to see an example of your work though.

Also another plus point is they offer a Warranty to your customers as part of the Scheme something the NIC seem vague on.
Costs £180 for assessment then £300 / year - and before anyone replies saying rip off etc etc. if you want to work, and legally then I don't see another way.

I've looked at most of the ukas certificated companies and no one seems to cater for new sole traders. LABC are a joke, I'm a bit p****d just spent the last three years training, been working for an NICEIC registered company. quality Ha Ha.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back