Part P prosecutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is part p being enforced in your area?

Do you know of any recent prosecutions?

If so was it down to shoddy workmanship?

What is the insurance status of a property that burns down and later it is found that the work was not notified?[/u]

Sponsored Links
Not a prosecution but a friend who was buying a 4 year old house was given by the vendor copies all the papers confirming compliance with building regs.

This was to prove compliance to the person doing a full buyer's survey to reduce the amount of inspection required.

Or possible to convince the buyer that a full survey was not needed at all.

The surveyor dismissed them as being of little real value as far too often he found defects in new builds that would have prevented completion certificates being issued had they been seen at the time.

The survey found items which the mortgage company required to be rectified before they would issue a mortage. The house remains un-sold.

There's an article in this months PE about this and the NICEIC..

To me it sounds like they prosecuted the guy for trademark misuse and not for failing to comply with part P

Sponsored Links

I did that before I asked the question. What I really want to know is are there any recent ones.

That google search you arranged for me and I think it is very clever the way you got it to work.

The all seem to be over a year old.

Is it going to go the same way as parking on the pavement?

Don't know if there was prosecutions because of it, but in the local rag there was a report warning householders that following a recent case involving electrics that didn't meet safety standards that neither the householder or the electrician were aware that they had to go through the council for electrical work .This was in the paper on 28/10/09.
The article started off by saying about complete rewires to putting in a new socket that people are being urged to use competent electricians.
The council in question is North devon Council.

Don't know if there was prosecutions because of it, but in the local rag there was a report warning householders that following a recent case involving electrics that didn't meet safety standards that neither the householder or the electrician were aware that they had to go through the council for electrical work.
No he wasn't.

Don't know if there was prosecutions because of it, but in the local rag there was a report warning householders that following a recent case involving electrics that didn't meet safety standards that neither the householder or the electrician were aware that they had to go through the council for electrical work.
No he wasn't.
He wasn't what?

He wasn't aware that they had to go through the council for electrical work.

But ignorance of the law is no defence.

or - wasn't an electrician because the installation didn't meet safety standards.

Either way, the prosecution was primarily due to the defective works, not the lack of notification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back