implications of part p?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone pease explain what the implications would be on me the electrician and the client when carrying out a job that is covered by the part p regs but failing to record this job?.
I suppose for me the elecrrician it could mean prosecution if they found out but how would they find out? and on the client does it mean that in the event of a problem say causing a fire and it was found to be this job that caused the fire would it then mean that the house insurance may be invalid.
please explain the implications of part p on the worker and the client .

thankyou

Sponsored Links
DIY is one thing but don't you think that if your charging for the work you have a responsibility to do it right?

If you have a look around this forum you will find out the implications

i have not done any work that requires part p but you have not really answered my question but thanks.

Tony, please don't take this the wrong way. The tone of your post seems to be of looking for ways of not getting caught. Part P or no Part P there is no excuse for not carrying out prper testing and issuing certification. If your not prepared to stand by your work then don't do it.

Sponsored Links
no i am not looking for ways of not getting caught as i recently turned down a job for a mate because it was in a bathroom and passed it on to a colleague whom is part p registered as i dont believe that it is correct although i could have easily done the job but i am just trying to find out what the implications are on the client as well as the electrician

could someone pease explain what the implications would be on me the electrician and the client when carrying out a job that is covered by the part p regs but failing to record this job?.

If you follow this link, the implications will be clear.
http://www.iee.org/Forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=8770&enterthread=y

I suppose for me the elecrrician it could mean prosecution if they found out but how would they find out

The odds of them "finding out" may be low, so long as your customer was happy and there were no come backs in the future when the house changes hands.

please explain the implications of part p on the worker and the client

The client will not get the relevant building control sign off for the works and the installer may end up paying a fine and cost's well above the value of the job.

i have not done any work that requires part p but you have not really answered my question but thanks.

I hope I have now done this

If you're a spark, have you thought about getting registered? It's not hard and the work should flow in which will help you recover your Part P costs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back