Part P Question for Electricians

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lads, since I work for Corus and am not NIC registered, does this mean that I am not allowed to any electrical work other than my place of work? Could I for example legally rewire a house? Have done many times in the past but not sure how I stand as from 1 Jan. I have past the 2391 and the 16th ed years ago

Sponsored Links
You may carry on as before.

However if you are not registered with one of the part P scams, sorry schemes, then any work that is notifiable i.e. rewires must be notified to LABC before you start and inspected by them at completion.

Not being NIC registered is irrelevent. They are only one provider of the Part P certification scheme, there are several others.

There are many web sites out there that have information about Part P, just try a search engine, But be aware that certain sites, specifically most of the ones by the scheme operators are heavily biased towards their schemes and rarely give a balanced view of what is required.

The Part P document is downloadable from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister web site at /http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/gro...tentservertemplate/odpm_index.hcst?n=4972&l=3

The whole thing is extremely complex and will be almost impossible to police, but if you wish to stay legal then it's best to talk with your LABC to see how they are going to implement the new regulations. If you're not confused before you certainly will be after.

The very best of luck. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back