Part P results?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have had some bathroom lighting fitted (mains IP65 downlights) fed from a new RCD and also an underfloor heating mat fed from the RCD backed side in an existing split load CU.

Can you tell me if both these jobs require part p testing and certification and if so what documentation i should receive.

Thanks....

Sponsored Links
Yes, all work requires testing and certification.

A Minor Electrical Installation Work Certificate would likely be sufficient for the lights.

An Electrical Installation Certificate, Schedule of Inspections and Schedule of Test Results for the UFH.

Also, the UFH is notifiable work so you should also receive, in a few weeks, a Certificate of Compliance from the electrician's Registration Scheme.

Edit - Also, there is a 'certificate' included with the UFH system which should be completed.

As already stated the Minor works and or Installation Certificate should be issued by the firm doing the job. They should also send a copy of these to their scheme provider who will in turn send you a completion certificate.

It is the completion certificate that tells you its all been registered with the LABC.

If the firm doing the job is not a member of one of the scheme providers they can work directly with LABC in which case they will take the Minor works and or Installation Certificate direct to the LABC who if satisfied will issue a completion certificate.

So although the Minor works and or Installation Certificate gives all the test information it is the completion certificate which is the important one. That tells you all done correctly.

Sponsored Links
That tells you all done correctly.
Being pedantic, it only tells you the paperwork "boxes are ticked".

The minor works certificate should tell you it's safe - subject to the competence of the person doing the work and providing the certificate. My mate has all the paperwork for some bathroom lights which are not correctly fitted - they've been done by a sparky who thinks "fire rated" means "doesn't need space round it" and has done nothing to comply with MIs regarding clearance between the lights and the insulation.

Has your mate complained to the appropriate scheme organiser, reported the electrician to Trading Standards, and begun legal proceedings (small claims court) for a refund?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back