Party Wall with no known Owner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I looking to build an extension and need a party wall agreement with next door, however the house is rented but no one is currently there (old lady in hospital, and don't have number for family).

Now I've looked up the deeds and sent a letter to the registered owner, however doing a search on the property of the registered owner its at least been sold twice since they became the registered owner.

So I don't know what I should do next? Any pointers or advice, or will I have to get a Party Wall Surveyor in?

Sponsored Links
I did that by dropping a copy of the note next door. But I dont know if they collected it or not. And I'm aware of the 14 days if no answer dispute is considered. At that point what happens?

You've shot yourself in the foot by going steaming in serving notice before you had made sure the neighbour was amenable to the work. Officially you should now appoint a surveyor to act on behalf of the missing adjoining owner.

Unofficially just crack on and keep your fingers crossed that you have finished before they realise.

Obviously do the decent thing and still respect the neighbour's property, clear up any mess and make good any damage.

Sponsored Links
Just get on with it. As long as you don't do anything to cause damage there are no consequences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back