Party Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, just after some advice/input, so I've knocked the garage down and have now exposed the party wall which is just a single brick wall between our new walkway and the inside of the neighbours garage.
The collums on show go through into the neighbours garage , would you be inclined here to block up infront of this party wall to make it flush with the collums offering more protection to what is now an external wall when previously it was an internal wall, or would you render it or last option leave it.
New upvc cladding will be going round to make it water tight and if left any brickwork that required repointing will be repointed.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG-20220224-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220224-WA0002.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220221_103852.jpg
    20220221_103852.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
I'd disc cut the front and back returns off, coat it with a quality water repellent and leave it, rather than clad it with come awful plastic.

When I say cladding my mistake I meant a facia board around the top to match what is on the front and then the roof felt to tuck over, then it was a question of rendering it, blocking it flush with the pillars to give the wall more protection from the elements amd then rendering, I realise I don't need too , the building is exempt from building regs but I still want to be resonable about things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back