Passing out

But that's enough wallowing in self pity now.

Don't be silly! You're not wallowing in anything!

I can quite understand your predicament. You had the funeral to attend, distressing itself, then suffered this blackout. As xerx says, they can be extremely unpleasant and, in my case, very disorientating indeed. I blacked out at the age of 21. My Mum called the GP, he called an ambulance. I woke up the next morning in hospital, feeling like I had an axe in my skull. I had absolutely no idea who I was, where I was or what I was doing there. It was diagnosed as viral encephalitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis) and I hope I never suffer from it again.

Enough about me, my point is that you had a very full plate that day, made fuller by this blackout which must have knocked you for 6. Upsetting for your son it may have been, but it was good that he was there to reassure and assist you.

You deserve a long break to recover!

Sponsored Links
But that's enough wallowing in self pity now.

Don't be silly! You're not wallowing in anything!

As you may well be aware, this thread is related to one I posted a few weeks ago on "Grieving". I used the word "wallowing" here to indicate that I'm over the worse of it now and am not sitting around feeling sorry for myself, which I feel the kind contributors to the original post may find a bit tedious if I continued to hark on about it.

In a strange way, I am thanking you all for "being there" at a very dark moment in my life - the comments were helpful and much appreciated.

This forum is not really intended for emotional support, and the fact that so many made the effort to assist a complete stranger says an awful lot about those who are on it. "Respect" is a word than comes to mind.

Sponsored Links
Back