Passing wires through back box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I presume that it's acceptable to pass a 2.5mm T&E through a back box? The wires will run in and out of this socket over to another socket and then back the way they came so makes sense to run through the box.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you saying the cable will pass through the box in one direction, connect to another socket and then pas back through the original box in the opposite direction without actually being connected into that socket?

If so then I imagine with the cables that are connected to that particular socket it will be quite crowded in there.

Are you saying the cable will pass through the box in one direction, connect to another socket and then pas back through the original box in the opposite direction without actually being connected into that socket?

If so then I imagine with the cables that are connected to that particular socket it will be quite crowded in there.

No... On one of the ways through it will be connected to the socket. Will be 35mm box.

Sponsored Links
It should be ok then but ensure the grommets don't get displaced when pulling back through.
If it's a ring circuit you could always return the ring from the 'pass through' socket and make the other socket a spur. Will also save a little bit of cable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back