Patching Large Areas of exposed brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently removed old tiles from my kitchen and along with the tiles came a lot of plaster and render so in places on my walls, I now have areas of exposed brick up to about 1.5 meteres square. I was going to use patching plaster or similar but a friend recommended using plasterboard cut to the right shape. Is this appropriate?

I planned to cut out a rough shape of plasterboard about 1" shy of existing render and then dot n dab it in place. Then I was going to use the patching plaster to seal the gaps between and have a layer of patching plaster on top of the plaster board to bring the level up to the level of the existing plaster.

Then I will have the walls skimmed.

What do you think, is this a viable solution to the problem for an amatuer DIYer?

Thanks for any advice!
James.

Sponsored Links
It is a viable solution for a diyer but if your getting someone in to skim it its pointless because you wont save yourself much money.

As jbonding says, you wont save yourself much by doing the prep yourself. Why not have the job done properly and let the plasterer do it. He would do it in no time at all,,,, without using bits of plasterboard.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back