Path edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am trying to think of the best way to have an edge between my path and a drive.

The front garden of my property is going to be setup as follows:

10m2 of grass to the left, then a 1m wide by 2m long path to the front door, then another 10m2 of grass the other side of the path and then a drive approximately 10m2.

I have laid scalpings for the drive and will be putting about 50mm of slate on top.

I have also laid scalping for the path and will be laying slabs on top.

My issue is that the whole front has been dug away and I now have to build up a lot of the area.

The scalping that I have laid for the path are roughly going to be around 150mm higher than the current level of earth that is there.

I know that I cant lay the scalping without having an edge and don't think that it will be good enough if I now build up the edge with loose earth.

What is the best way to now create an edge, so that the finish will be grass meeting the slab.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
600x600 or 600x900 50mm thick grano paving slabs.
Slice them down the middle, gives you 300nn deep path edging. Drop them in 150mm.
oldun:cool:

Thanks olden.

Great idea.

I know exactly what I need to do now.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back