Patio and trees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:) I'm finishing laying a patio. The last few slabs, 900 X 600 mm, are going to be laid where we have 3 conifer trees, approx a meter apart. They need to be cut down and/or removed. Much as I hate to do this it has to be done.
The trunks are approx 6 inch diameter. If I cut these below ground level, enough to leave about 4 inch sub base, to go on top of the remaining trunk, and 2 inch bedding, do you think this will be OK. I think it's going to be impossible to get the remaining trunk and root out.
Thanks for any help you can give with this.:confused:

Sponsored Links
if you cut them down to say 4 foot, you can then dig around the base and use the 4 foot bit to wobble it out (technical term that)

where as if you cut it level you have no leverage to wobble it about (that technical term again)

:D cheers Breezer, seems obvious I know, but I was concerned that if I did the technical bit,
to wobble it about
, I would disturb the flags laid near by, but I have gone through a lot of the roots already, so I don't suppose this will be a problem.......ha!! famous last words.
Thanks again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back