patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone on here can give me some help and advice. l have brought a patio door off someone who lives next to me, l know it's going to fit where l want to put it in ,as he had it there and our houses are the same.Now my question is the sliding door when fitted at his house was on the left which it will be at mine,but l want to put the door to the right.What l want to know is can l move the fixed window panel to the left of the frame so the door shuts to the right.If l can do this how do l do this.

Sponsored Links
probably not

evrything will be the wrong way round, and if you turn it round all weather protection will be inside

This house has the patio doors the wrong way around, no problems with water getting in. But whether yours are the same, or same circumstances I don't know. Some ones may be better for this than other

And they were like it when we moved in. Didn't notice till a few years later though :oops:

The only problem I can see is you will get a pool of water on the runner section.

A photo will tell us more

Sponsored Links
depends on the doors, i know there are some where you can turn the doors upside down and swap them around but it needs drainage holes top and bottom, plus all the lock mechanism will have to be turned round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back