Patio, DPC, Inspection Chamber woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I currently have this hodgepodge concrete patio which I'd like to replace with something more aesthetic - ideally reclaimed paving bricks or cobbles.

It's the back of a ~1905 terraced house. The current patio is sloped slightly towards the house, towards a 8" square gully right by the back door (see arrows in image for direction of slope). The patio is (I'm pretty sure) *higher* than the DPC (the patio is definitely higher than the indoor floor). While the patio does slope towards the house, it is also sloped towards the gully so pooling has never been an issue. Damp does not seem to currently be an issue.

There's also an inspection chamber right next to the door, which unfortunately is quite shallow (I don't think I can lower it).

What are my options here? Could I add paving bricks on top the current concrete, but maybe leave a gap next to the house? Do I break up the concrete and lower the patio (not sure what I'd do about the inspection chamber). Do I need to add more drainage?

Thanks!
mirguwcc4knc1.png

patio idea.png
inspection chamer.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back