patio foundation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to lay a patio about 4.5M x 5M on the lawn I struggle with some of the work these days and there is a limit as to what I can ask someone else to help with. If I dig a trench around the perimeter to hold copping stones and help drainage and then put weeding mat down and sand on top to level it then mortar and finally slabs do I have to lift the lawn first? Lifting the lawn would be the final straw but I don't want to waste my time doing the rest if it's not going to work.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
ding it the way youre doing it is wasting your time, as it wont last.

lift the turf

put down some mot

lay slabs on a wet bed of mortar

Hi

I was rather thought that is what I would be told. :oops:

Do you know how much could I expect to pay to have a patio of that size laid I have priced the materials but how much I could expect to be charged for actually laying it.

Thank you
you have been very helpful

Sponsored Links
depends on how much prep work there is, access and cutting, but we would have that done in 2-3 days. not sure what day rates are around your area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back