Patio V Decking ? Your ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need one or the other in my garden. I have had patios befor but never decking. the area is approx 4x4mts patio doors open one to it. two adults no children.
Now questions are.....................1 which is the best and why.....2 which is the cheapest? :LOL:
Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I need one or the other in my garden. I have had patios befor but never decking. the area is approx 4x4mts patio doors open one to it. two adults no children.
Now questions are.....................1 which is the best and why.....2 which is the cheapest? :LOL:
Thanks for your help

One will need a great deal of care the older it gets. It will become slippy and slimy in the wet. Eventually it will decay.

The other one is a patio. ;)

No contest in my book. As with all timber products they look great when new and are relatively simple to construct. Unless you are prepared for some serious maintenance then be prepared for some severe aging.

A well laid patio will last donkeys.

On the plus side, decking will be the easiest to rip out and dispose of (burn) if or when you get fed up with it. :LOL:

True.........I do like decking, but as you say its the maintainance. And patio is easier to keep clean. I just need to find somebody to lay one now, well once I have found out the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back