Patio with acco drain at dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a patio done 6 months ago and it’s has been layer level with the dpc with an acco drain between wall and slabs, I am getting green walls at one part of the walls. Should the acco have been fitted much lower than the dpc? Also the drain doesn’t appear to slope into the outlet so it looks like water is sitting in it and now flowing.

Is this correct and if not what can I do?

Attachments

• 9BAB3CE9-6CAE-4CB8-A52A-9821AC278A43.jpeg
    9BAB3CE9-6CAE-4CB8-A52A-9821AC278A43.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
Take a wider picture of the whole wall to show the pattern of damp please.

Where is the gulley or outlet? How old is it? Is it plastic or clay?

I suppose you know now that the patio was incorrectly laid too high.

Its probably been overflowing where the downpipe enters, made worse because its level with dpc

Take a wider picture of the whole wall to show the pattern of damp please.

Where is the gulley or outlet? How old is it? Is it plastic or clay?

I suppose you know now that the patio was incorrectly laid too high.
The outlet it under the kitchen window (see pics) it’s 6 months old and the drain is plastic but set in cement I believe. What can I do about this?
DD5CC643-FC17-43C3-8907-9BF0A7878D5B.jpeg
B91692D8-FB39-45DD-B077-0A423252BF5E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Please lift the grille off and show us the gulley. Pour a bucket of water or run a hosepipe into the acco trough and see where it goes.

Show us the detail of the rainwater downpipe entering the trough.

Before the patio was built, how did the water from the downpipe at the end make its way into a drain?

Please lift the grille off and show us the gulley. Pour a bucket of water or run a hosepipe into the acco trough and see where it goes.

Show us the detail of the rainwater downpipe entering the trough.

Before the patio was built, how did the water from the downpipe at the end
282197C6-8464-4277-8F50-66A470D7D391.jpeg
DF020FEC-5B33-4B68-BD4E-3B01CCB9CD5B.jpeg
84894604-9094-44AD-92B1-378FF0B3A638.jpeg
make its way into a drain?
I’m unable to lift the drain cover near the Down pipe as the pipe is flush to the grill. The Downpipe used to go into a gravel bed before but I can’t remember. I’ve included some more pics, some are from before the patio was done.
DBB3C7F3-37DF-414B-93AD-D21834F6A495.jpeg
3F2B940D-86C3-4ED3-9472-912ECFD1E622.png

By gulley, I meant the connection to the drain. Probably under where the kitchen wastepipe goes. It is probably something like the pic on

It looks like the downpipe is splashing the wall.

It is OK to cut the grille so the downpipe goes through it. It can have a "shoe" on the bottom to direct the water along the trough. Either or both of these will reduce splashing. Watch it during heavy rain to see how water is getting into the wall. Shoes come in various sizes and are easy to fit.

If the trough is overflowing, it might be it is not sloped enough, or the gulley connection might be too small, or the trap blocked. When we see the gulley the cause might show

There should be block work between the aco and the wall especially as it is at or near dpc level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back