Pation Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to re-point my patio slabs and have taken out all of the old, dirty sand.
There is a security light on the outlisde wall and i'd like to use the wiring, removing the security light (extend it) and run the cable under the patio flags before i re-point.
The security light doesn't have an inside light switch, so how would i go about wiring it all up?

I want to use the new wiring for a patio lamp post or similar.

Thanks all......

Andy

Sponsored Links
you will need to run a swa cable buried under the patio slabs to the new position.

it wont look nice running up a wall though

this is notifiable to your local building control department (I THINK), may be cheaper to get an electrician to do it.

anyway, a plastic adaptable box is fitted where the light was, and SWA cable run into the ground, to where you want the new light. There, fit another adaptable box to make off the SWA in (this can hide inside the base of the patio light).

You could run another black flex to an outdoor switch or a PIR, from the first adaptable box, and wire it as you would a normal switch (see for reference diagrams)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back