Paving Layout Planner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if that title makes sense, but Im wanting to lay a new patio using slabs of 3 differing sizes, some rectangle and some square.

Are there any online websites that could make a plan of how to lay the slabs, so that I get a nice straight edge of full slabs, reducing the number of cuts needed?

Heres a random photo from google, but it helps suggest the size/shape of slabs I want to use..

landscapers-patio-design.jpg

I was hoping there would be a website that would allow me to put in the dimensions of my patio along with the sizes of the slabs, and offers suggested layouts so I can establish exact quantities of each sized slab, like this..

random-yorkstone-and-budget-paving-copy.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is almost impossible to get a good random looking layout with only 3 sizes. the bradstone one is not bad

you should aim to have no crossroads like this + or any long straight lines.

The other option is to lay it coursed which is becoming more popular and looks more contemporary but a random layout is better suited to a more traditional look.

See here

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/pinkpaver/3ce2a5ee.jpg

Not my image, originally posted by the pink paving company on paving expert forum.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of doing something similar in my garden, does drainage/soakaway need considering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back