Payment in kind?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Working for the average Northumbrian farmer is generally not a good idea if you intend to die rich.
Job 1) 'Me front door doesn't shut' - spent 1/2 hour adjusting the keep (successfully).....Quote ' I'll see ya all right' Reward - a bottle of Baileys Cream (opened, 1/3rd drunk and crusty round the rim) :eek:
Job 2) 'Can ye fit a timing belt to me Transit'? Reward - a bag of tomatoes every week during the summer - (I'll pay for the bits, mind)
I think I'll get M U G tattoed across my forehead :D
John :)

Sponsored Links
LOL. In fairness though, money is simply a way of exchanging goods and services in a unified fashion - "one good turn deserves another" and if you priced up the value of what they gave you, how much short would it have been?

Reminds me of working for a company in West London (Southall IIRC). Fixed a 'Sunny D' (all gas men will know what I mean') 4.4 kilos of coleslaw..... every 2 weeks for a year. :eek:
I was freezing it, selling it, eating it. Every relative I had in a 20 mile radius who liked colwslaw was on speed-dial :eek: . Compost.... god I was tempted to make fireworks out of it if was clever enough. It was bleeding awful, especialy as the owner of the company 'Jay' would always call to make sure I got it. :oops:

Sponsored Links
a mechanic told me he would halve my bill if i walked up n down his back in the stilleto boots i was wearing..... :rolleyes:

bill came to just over £300.....wish id taken him up on his offer!.. ;)

a mechanic told me he would halve my bill if i walked up n down his back in the stilleto boots i was wearing..... :rolleyes:

When you coming back? I still need to fix your clutch! ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Hey Burnerman, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
You never know when you might need a ton of manure dumping on a non-paying customer's front lawn :LOL:

;) throw in two new front tyres....and ill be there tomorrow!... ;)

Doesn't take that long to get here from Blackpool even in your car! :eek:

Doesn't take that long to get here from Blackpool even in your car! :eek:

.....erm.....what do u mean....even in your car.....??....my car is ace!!!...

Sponsored Links
Back