PC Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a brainwave yesterday and I uninstalled some files of the pc,( which I thought may be slowing it down) from the control panel , 1 was windows codec pack and 1 was java, maybe 1 other which was uttorrent ,, but the first 2 I deffo did.

Now the problem is evrything is working fine but on Firefox the homepage which is BBC news is all mixed up and not in the way it should be ie. its just jumbled up, and so is a part of my Email page.

Now I have had a look and Java seems to have returned but I downloaded the windows 7 codec pack to see if that sorted it.

Now I have yahoo as my default page and browser when before it was google with Firefox and BBC homepage.
I would like everything to where it was all before if possible please.
TIA

Sponsored Links
This site is fine, and Ebay is fine but Youtube and BBC news etc. is not working properly, I hope this helps.

Pages like Ch4 OD and BBC iplayer are not working and My Facebook page is not working aswell.
But the Eon page and bank page is working fine again.
What have I done?

I have just noticed that the smilies are missing from the side when I am making posts on here too.
Help?

Sponsored Links
Re install java, I think ever page wants it.
Codec, for video & music = wanted.
Or do a restore

I think I got onto restore but it said some files/folders may not be fully restored so I didnt do it, do you think that is the best way forward?
Also In the Control panel under programs Java is already there for some reason.
Do I still need to install another Java?

I would suggest you do a System Restore back to a recent point when you know it was working ok. In Windows 7 you should find it here Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery.

Select a recent date when it was working ok and let it do its stuff. All being well it should come back ok. You get the option to keep or reject the restore after it finishes. Check out the Help files for more info.

Do as above, you may have to reset your home internet page but tats childs play

I downloaded codec pack and renewd java, and somehow it has sorted itself.
Thanks for your advice , I shant be deleting files I THINK are useless or dangerous again in a hurry :rolleyes: :LOL:
Thanks again

And always consider System Restore as a last resort. The way you sorted it is the best way - try to replace the files deleted.

You can always try a 'defrag', just enter it in your 'start search programs & files'.
If you have never done it before it should speed you up a bit.

Sponsored Links
Back