PCB REVISION STATE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pardon my ignorance but could someone tell me whether I am able to use a power supply pcb within a tv, with the same part number but different revision (rev1.5), which, from examination, seems to have an extra capacitor, relay and CY3? Would these be for a bug fix or for a different tv model altogether?

Apologies for my lack of pcb knowledge but any advice is very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I have just done similar to what you are querying and it works fine.
However I don't know if I should have.

It is a Samsung :eek:

Sponsored Links
The tv is a UMC 26 inch. The pcb is an LK4180-000B, with the revision having an extra capacitor, relay and CY3?

I believe it is a later revision to the one fitted to my tv as the pcb fitted has not been annotated on the revision status boxes (boxes 1-6), and there are no other annotations on the pcb to suggest that the pcb is at a revision state i.e. Initial design.

Without sight of the circuit diagram, I don't know what function those parts perform. I would just bung it in and stand well back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back