pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a builder coming over to look at this mess...experienced bloke.
Would it be best to strip the whole wall back to the brick top to bottom?.The rest of the house is sound it's just this front wall.The bloke knows his job but I'd like to hear other opinions.I'm not exactly flush but want to pay for a lasting job.Gulley and downpipes being sorted too.
z8.jpg

Sponsored Links
By 'sound' do you mean it's not falling off, or that there are no hollows or voids?

I would imagine that if one area is that bad, the rest can hardly be perfect.

I'm a personal believer of rip it down and start again, though I'm interested in what other people have to say.

Sam.

Sound as in no hollow sound when tapped with a hammer.I've been all over...the side and back walls are solid.The gully looks suspect on this side...probably had water flowing down the wall for years.

Sponsored Links
I'd go for taking it back to brick as well. There would be an awful lot of work preping that and coating over again, plus, it would take you out more or less flush with the window sill upstairs. Taking it all off (carefully), would give you a chance to get a proper job done from the start.

Roughcaster.

why take chances, take it orf dude.

BUT find out what made it all peel in the first place.
Some good exampes of alternatives on youtube pimp your pebbledash soooooo 1960's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back