Pendant to downlights (wired in switch)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is similar to other threads on this topic but I have a slightly different question.

I have a small room that I will be replacing the pendant light with 4 downlights. At the pendant light I have one twin and earth cable connected to the light fitting, all the other cables are in the light switch.

I am using https://www.quickwire.co.uk/product/qsp34/ as my junction box, do I just connect the pendant cable in to this and then daisy chain off with the downlights?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
yes but you will need two as the "4" way splitter only has three "outputs" so one splitter for two lights and a feed to another splitter for the other two

Sponsored Links
the second link is not the one you need as it is intended to provide the drop down to the switch, you just need the 4 way splitter x 2

the second link is not the one you need as it is intended to provide the drop down to the switch, you just need the 4 way splitter x 2
So the original pendant cable connects to the splitter, the new downlight cable connects the the splitter and is daisy chained around. Why do I need x2 splitters?

if you can connect the existing cable to the old light to one of the new lights and then daisy chain to the other three lights then you dont actually need the splitters BUT if you connect the existing cable to a splitter then you will only get three outputs to go to the other lights, however as you need to feed to four lights you then connect two downlights to that first splitter then connect the fourth output to another splitter then on to the final two downlights. The splitters are marked a 4 way but in reality you can only connect three outputs and one input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back