People that live in glass houses..

Do you not understand - it is what all politicians do? The public just hope and vote for the most convincing liar, in the hope that they will deliver some of their promises - it has always been thus.

There is the conceit again. There are good honest politicians across both parties. You simply want to paint all of them as corrupt to justify your own support of Boris - you have prices lying into the equation. All of this is negated by one fact - you are not mandated to vote if you think everyone is a liar.

Well politics is broken and we need to fix it, get rid of fptp and move to PR.

Sponsored Links
There is the conceit again. There are good honest politicians across both parties.

I can testify that there are indeed a few good & honest politicians who are in parliament not only because they are honest & true, they're actually there to make a difference & are ready & willing to sacrifice their lucrative careers for the greater good.

What I cannot accept is these b#st@rds are right there in the thick of it, they can smell the foul stench of corruption in their very nostrils & yet they choose to remain silent.

Ah shuuddup you hypocrite. What’s your trade mark other than being a ****?
Is that the best you can do, old man? :LOL:

You've been shown up so many times to be that you are an offensive hypocritical/racist/mysogenistic/homophobic nasty person!

You and your sharp tongue. You've upset me now.

810039E0-FCC2-4719-B976-D3D054BF94C1.gif

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, the "it was acceptable then, so we mustn't criticise it now" argument.
So you're quite comfortable with slavery and the damage it has done to societies all over the world?
That it's only modern day slavery that is wrong?
That those that profited from slavery were national heroes?

That history should never be judged on today's values?
That it is wrong to see history from other's perspectives?
I think that you can learn from history, but its not appropriate to judge things that were historically acceptable by today standards.

You wouldn't accuse an ethical company of underpaying people 10 years ago because they paid less than the current minimum wage.

Wolf whistling is unacceptable today. My mother and her friends say they used to find it quite flattering when they were young in the 1960's. Should the wolf whistlers of the 1960's be cancelled today for their action then?

You can judge and learn from history, but context of the time is key in judging.

Where does it end ? The article in the link I posted about Rafiq was only published because people want to smear someone for something they did years ago. He sent a text saying he wanted to kiss a girl-so what. Look far enough back and there will be things people did decades ago which some fragile petal will rage at. Well, let them rage, but don't entertain any of their ideals. The worst thing in my link was probably that he accused team mates of "forcing" him to drink alcohol, yet his "victim" claims he was freely drinking on the plane. Double standards, may be, but hardly a crime. So if you are going to make a song and dance about something and throw accusations around, make sure you are squeaky clean, or your past will come back to haunt you.

So if you are going to make a song and dance about something and throw accusations around, make sure you are squeaky clean, or your past will come back to haunt you.

I think that is the crux of the matter, he wasn't squeaky and is complaining loudly about others not being squeaky clean - kettle, pot.

Where does it end ? The article in the link I posted about Rafiq was only published because people want to smear someone for something they did years ago. He sent a text saying he wanted to kiss a girl-so what. Look far enough back and there will be things people did decades ago which some fragile petal will rage at. Well, let them rage, but don't entertain any of their ideals. The worst thing in my link was probably that he accused team mates of "forcing" him to drink alcohol, yet his "victim" claims he was freely drinking on the plane. Double standards, may be, but hardly a crime. So if you are going to make a song and dance about something and throw accusations around, make sure you are squeaky clean, or your past will come back to haunt you.
Some things were illegal back then, but were not discussed openly and some declined to comment on others illicit behaviour, e.g. Jimmy Saville.
But some things are now judged to be illegal, or unwanted, or antisocial now that were considered acceptable in days of yore.
If it is illegal now, such crimes are often backdated.
If it is unacceptable now, it doesn't mean we can dismiss the minor misdemeanours of the past as of no concern, we can learn form them.
That is exactly what Rafiq has done with his anti-Semitic comment, he has learnt from it and apologised for that comment.
As to his desire to kiss a girl, even vocally expressed, there is no requirement to sanction our own thoughts, and there is no misdemeanour committed.

Sponsored Links
Back