Pepper plant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am growing a pepper plant in a growbag, and it doesnt seem to be getting very high.

I am also growing tomato plants, one either end, and the pepper in the middle slot, the tomato plants are shooting up beatifully, but the pepper one seems to be growing quite slow.

Do pepper plants grow as fast as tomato plants?, or is there something wrong with my plant.? its looks healthy enough, are pepper plants fast growers?

Sponsored Links
They grow ALOT slower, and about 1/2 the height also the yield later in the year.

Thankyou DIY, I did look, but didnt tell me what I wanted to know,but thanks for link. :D

Static, thankyou for your reply also, told me exactly what I needed to know. :D

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about the sweet bell peppers you eat in a salad?

Mine have taken weeks to get from seed to a couple of inches high.
I'm planning to grow mine in a large pot outside when the weather improves.
My tomato plants shot up and I planted a few outside.
The slugs ate a couple of them though :(

Hi James, yes thats the ones, its my first time growing them, so wasnt sure how fast they were supposed to grow, I didnt do mine from seed, I bought mine as a tiny plant, left on kitchen window for a while, then when frost over, I planted it.

I would say its been in the growbag coming up 4 weeks, my toms are going well, and my pots, it was only the peppers I couldnt understand why they werent growing a fast as the toms , even my strawberry plants are going well, so I know I must be doing something right. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back